Semi-truck Tire Changing Tools: What They Are and How to Use Them

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection, England Carrier Services.

semi truck tire changing tools

Despite the cost benefits of changing your semi-truck tires, the tire-changing process can be complex without the right equipment. Fortunately, several semi-truck tire-changing tools make the tire-changing process easier, faster, and safer. When it comes to tire replacement, the ideal is to equip a tire that you don’t need to replace very often in the… Read more »

Operating Costs Rising- How to Get Expenses Down

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection.

Carriers must seek novel solutions to reduce costs and maintain a healthy bottom line. Here is how to get costs down.

If you feel it’s getting more expensive to keep your eighteen wheels on the road, you’re not alone. A new study from the American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) shows that truckers’ operating expenses are increasing nationwide. The study also noted that no ‘substantial improvements’ for the industry were eminent, necessitating truckers to discover new ways… Read more »

60 Million on the Road: Guide to Independence Day Traffic

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection, England Carrier Services.

independence day traffic

The American Automobile Association (AAA) anticipates that over 60 million Americans will hit the road this Independence Day, making for unprecedented Independence Day traffic. For truckers, this can mean delays up to 67% longer than usual to their typical routes. More importantly, more drivers pose a safety risk for truckers. To be aware of delays… Read more »

CVSA Brake Safety Week 2024

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection, England Carrier Services.

brake safety week 2024

Brake-related issues are responsible for more out-of-service violations than any other infraction. In 2023, 25.2% of all vehicle out-of-service violations during the CVSA International Roadcheck were brake-related. In response to the dangerously high presence of brake violations, the CVSA introduced Brake Safety Week 2024. Despite the initiative’s history of reducing safety concerns, unprepared carriers can… Read more »

What is Operation Safe Driver Week 2024?

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection, England Carrier Services.

operation safe driver week 2024

From 2018 – 2022, the number of fatalities on the road rose 16%. In 2022 alone, 42,795 fatal crashes claimed motorist lives. In response to the dire epidemic of vehicle-related fatalities, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) created Operation Safe Driver Week 2024.   What is Operation Safe Driver Week 2024? Operation Safe Driver Week… Read more »

Severe 2024 Hurricane Season: How Truckers Can Prepare

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection.

The 2024 hurricane season is projected to be especially severe. Stay current, stay equipped, and stay safe this hurricane season.

The NOAA recently shared “Life-saving information” about a stronger-than-normal hurricane season. From June 1 to November 30, the NOAA predicts an 85% chance of an above-normal season, a 10% chance of a regular season, and a 5% chance of a below-normal season.   Image courtesy of the NOAA. In addition to the dangers to safety… Read more »

The C.R. England Story: How to Grow a Trucking Company

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection, England Carrier Services.

how to grow a trucking company

Today, there are more than 750,000 active motor carriers in the United States. Of those carriers, 95.8% have ten or fewer trucks. 99.7% have fewer than 100. In a competitive, volatile, and ever-evolving market, growing a successful trucking company can feel challenging. Even when established, maintaining your earned growth can be even more difficult. C.R…. Read more »

Life on the Road Can Be Lonely: Mental Health and Trucking

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection, England Carrier Services.

mental health and trucking

If you struggle with loneliness in trucking, you’re not alone. Loneliness is prevalent issue in mental health and trucking. In a survey of several hundred truckers, 27.9% reported a severe struggle with loneliness. Additionally, 26.9% reported feeling depressed, 20.6% struggle sleeping, and 14.5% battle with anxiety. These numbers are tragic. Loneliness is a very real… Read more »

Best Semi Truck Tires 2024

Posted & filed under Carrier Connection, England Carrier Services.

best semi truck tires

Eighteen wheels make for a lot of tires. Between steer, drive, trailer, all position, and endless tire brands, finding the best semi-truck tires can feel impossible. Over decades of providing clients with semi-truck tires, England Carrier Services has evaluated dozens of tires for durability, fuel efficiency, grip, and overall performance. According to these categories, many… Read more »